Taylor Telecom offers the following services:
- Fiber Internet
- Copper Internet
- Traditional (landline) Telephone Service
Taylor Telephone Cooperative, Inc. was formed in October of 1951. Our purpose then, as it still is today, is to provide high quality telecommunication services to rural West-Central Texas. We provide service to approximately 14 exchanges, covering a 2000 square mile area, including 14 cities and 9 counties.
We have successfully deployed fiber to the home (FTTH) to over half of our customers. While it is an extensive and costly undertaking, our goal is to deploy FTTH to all of our customers.
- Offered one-party services since 1977.
- Offered tone dialing since 1982.
- Installed digital switches in 1982.
- Installed fiber optic ring in 1994.
- Offered caller ID features since 1995.
- Offered toll free Internet service since June 1997.
- Our affiliate company became a member of a statewide fiber network – Texas Lone Star Network – in 1998 and provides part of an OC48 fiber backbone.
- In 2006 we began to install Fiber to the Home of customers in Tuscola.
- As of September, 2018 Taylor Telephone Cooperative, Inc. rebranded to Taylor Telecom. In order to better identify the services we offer our members as well as our growth in the telecommunications industry.