Taylor Telephone Cooperative, Inc. was formed in 1951. We provide service to approximately 7,668 access lines to 14 exchanges, covering a 2000 square mile area, including 14 cities and 9 counties.
- Constructed 2,992 route miles of facilities.
- Offered one-party services since 1977.
- Offered tone dialing since 1982.
- Installed digital switches in 1982.
- Our affiliate company began providing cellular services in 1990 to 7 counties, and currently serves 5,500 customers.
- Installed fiber optic ring in 1994.
- Offered caller ID features since 1995.
- Offered toll free Internet service since June 1997.
- Our affiliate company became a member of a statewide fiber network – Texas Lone Star Network – in 1998 and provides part of an OC48 fiber backbone.
- Awarded $30,000 in rural scholarships in 2005 and a total of $300,000 from 1997 through 2005.
- As of September, 2018 Taylor Telephone Cooperative, Inc. rebranded to Taylor Telecom. In order to better identify the services we offer our members as well as our growth in the telecommunications industry.
"To provide high quality essential telecommunication services and enhanced services where justified, at a market comparable price, which enhances the quality of life and economic well being of our members and the communities we serve."