Do you need help managing and monitoring your kids’ screen time?
All parents will tell you that kids love screens. And why wouldn’t they? Screens provide entertainment and activities – games to play, shows to watch, books to read, educational content – all in the palms of their little hands. Children are very technologically aware and proficient, sometimes more so than their parents! Although there is much upside to your children’s digital understanding and access, it’s also important for parents to be aware of and take steps to protect against the downside and dangers of the online world. But how?
- Set some boundaries on what content and sites are allowed, as well as the amount of time spent on them. These will be different for all families, but it’s a good idea to decide what the limits will be in your household.
- Discuss your concerns and rules with your kids. Transparency is good! It will be easier to follow boundaries when your kids understand your reasoning.
- Make sure the rules are easy to track and follow! Automation is key. Busy parents don’t always have time to hang over their kids’ shoulder to make sure they are spending their screen time on the agreed-upon content. There are apps for that, and we highly recommend using Parental Controls.
TaylorTel Parental Control Offering: Making it Easy to Keep an Eye on Them!
Parents – do you ever hear yourself saying: “During the school day, you are only allowed to use screens for school. After school you can only be on Instagram until 5PM before homework or sports.” But then it’s hard to police? You can set parameters using Parental Controls - for example - to allow Google Classroom as the only internet activity from 9AM to 3PM, and then after 3PM, set a 2-hour time limit for Instagram.
Taylor is pleased to offer a comprehensive solution right through the Taylor app that provides Parental Control. It’s got tons of helpful features!
Filtering which lets you choose appropriate content by age.
- You can block or allow access at the content, application, or website level.
- You can customize the app to filter for individual family members and then apply to social media, videos, and games for both apps and websites.
Time limit blocks enable you to limit the amount of time that your children use platforms, like YouTube, or categories, like social media.
- If you have an 8-year-old and a teenager, no problem! Everyone in the house can have separate limits.
Extra allowances let you be the good guy! You can reward your child with more screen time on a certain day just by pressing a button.
You can get all this for only $8/month or it comes included when you subscribe to Premium Wi-Fi PLUS. Premium Wi-Fi PLUS is only $25/month and comes with (1) our latest router for excellent Wi-Fi coverage throughout your entire home, (2) internet support, (3) Parental Control and (4) Internet Security!
Want more information on Taylor’s Parental Control? Check out our How-To Videos.
Go to Taylortel.net or call us at 325-846-4111 to order Parental Control and get some peace of mind today.