Fast internet, like Taylor Telecom offers, provides access to many advanced services such as quality video conferencing (Zoom, Facetime, and Teams), smart home technology, telehealth, and streaming video.
Streaming video provides a way to save money by eliminating your cable or satellite bill, simplifying your TV setup, and streaming your entertainment through the many on-demand services available today, such as Netflix. Along with Netflix, some of the most popular on-demand streaming services are Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, HBO Max, and Apple TV+. And there are thousands of others!
Cutting the Cord: Watch What You Want, When You Want
Last year alone, around six million households discontinued their TV (cable or satellite) provider – known as “cutting the cord”, according to eMarketer. Streaming consumption now accounts for 68% of TV viewing versus 28% for traditional TV viewing. Streaming allows you to choose what to watch and when and where to watch it. Plus, many services offer unique and original content that you can’t get anywhere else.
Pro Tips for Streaming Savings:
- Try it free. Most streaming platforms offer free trials of a week up to a month so you can try it out before incurring a monthly charge. You could even binge watch that one show you’ve had your eye on and then cancel before you ever get billed.
- Find the right price point. Streaming services offer multiple packages with varying prices. For example, Hulu offers several packages including one with no commercials.
- Take advantage of bundles. Streaming platforms are also teaming up to lower costs, such as Disney+, which has partnered with ESPN+ and others to create bundles for viewers.
But I Need My Live TV!
- You can watch local stations live by hooking up an over-the-air antenna. Network stations are free to watch; just purchase a good antenna.
- Several streaming providers – such as Hulu and DIRECTV STREAM - have a subscription option that includes live TV. You'll be able to view the live TV channels in your area, live sports, live news, and view their streaming content.
Ready to Cut the Cord & Stream?
- Make sure you have a fast internet package! Contact Taylor if you need help or need to know the internet options in your area.
- Decide which device you’ll use to stream through your TV. Don’t have a Smart TV? No problem! You can still watch streaming services with a Roku, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, and Apple TV.
- Pick your streaming provider and get started.